Friday, October 7, 2011

Statue Of Liberty

Our main interest today was the ferry ride to see the Statue of Liberty. The line up was amazingly long, we had to wait over an hour to get aboard and go through the same security screening as the airports. We are getting used to that as the screening is the same in the Empire State Building and Top of the Rocks. The trip was worth it as it was a beautiful day and watching so many people is an education. This is off peak season so it is a good time to be here.
We lined up again in Times Square for half price tickets for a Broadway show tonight and decided on 'Chicago'. This line was very well organised, it still took about 40 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Shelly,

    You are having beautiful weather for your trip. Great pictures. I can drive to NYC anytime I want to....but do I? :o) Enjoy the show. What is on tap for tomorrow?

    Diane Lachance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that would be amazing!!! Those sort of things you have to line up for!! like we had to line up or the dodgem cars at the show! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're enjoying your trip. It's fun to hear your impressions of "my" country. I live near Washington, DC, but visit New York pretty often. I do miss your zentangles, though. Are you still doing them while you travel? I love to do them on a plane--it relaxes me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you believe it I haven't tangled since we've been here? We have been on the go the whole time. We leave the hotel before breakfast and a couple of nights have just made it back before midnight! I have taken quite a few photos though of some fabulous patterns.

    ReplyDelete