Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Oooh Shiny!

The Diva's
Weekly Challenge #257: "Guest Post - Oooh Shiny!"

Oooh shiny in gold with tassels! Last week I enjoyed a special day with Gill from England. Gill was visiting Tasmania on holiday with her husband who is a keen fly-fisherman so he was off to the lakes and rivers for a fishing trip, fortunately Gill found my name on the CZT site on Zentangle.com and we had a very pleasant day tangling and chatting. With our gold Gelly-Roll pens and Opus tiles our time together flew by, we didn't quite finish on the day and I'm hoping Gill will send me an email of here completed creation, it was fantastically full of pizzazz. 

I truly enjoy tanglers coming to visit so if you are ever in Launceston Tasmania please pop in for a cup of tea and tangle a tile!!

As it happens today's challenge fitted in perfectly to share my oooh shiny Opus tile.



21 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I always get mildly frustrated at the fact at how difficult shimmer is to capture on camera. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get drawn in my the little details you add to your work, the little swirls and flourishes and unexpected pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, it has the WOW factor again Michele !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so pretty! Love the golden accents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is all gorgeous but I am really intrigued by how you did the Purk. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly beautiful work, Shelly. How nice of you to invite us all. What if we all came at once. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful. And yes, it's great to work together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Everything about your work inspires me, but I have to say the way you handle "Gourdgeous" always amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just wonderful, Michele. I could look at it forever! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's something very Fin de Siecle about this, don't ask me why. Anyway, it looks rather grand and decorative and theatrical... Enough waffling, M, I just like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully elegant! Would love to visit....Tasmania is on my bucket list....if I ever make it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work! Is all that intricacy on a 3.5 x 3.5 tile? What is an Opus tile?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderfuk, I love how you have turned a gourdeous into a sort of squid in the bottom right hand corner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning piece of work and I'm going to put Tasmania on my 'bucket list', you never know, it may happen.

    ReplyDelete